Santa Cruz County Workforce Investment Act (SCC WIA) Youth Program
The SCC WIA Youth Program is an important avenue to career development. This program is helpful to the youth in our community to develop a sense of responsibility and provide them with valuable work experience. The program is structured to teach the participants 12 basic work readiness skills; 6 work readiness skills to be learned in a classroom setting and 6 work readiness skills to be learned through work experience.
6 Work Readiness Skills to Be Learned in the Classroom
6 Work Readiness Skills to Be Learned Through Work Experience
- Making Career Decisions
- Using Labor Market Information
- Preparing Resumes
- Completing Applications
- Interviews / Writing Follow- Up Letters
- Survival/Daily Living Skills
More About the Program
- Maintaining Regular Attendance
- Being Constantly Punctual
- Exhibiting Appropriate Behavior
- Presenting Appropriate Attire
- Demonstrating Good Interpersonal Skills
- Completing Tasks Effectively
The SCC WIA Youth Program also participates in community involvement, educational activities, learning basic life skills and partnering with community organizations throughout Santa Cruz County.
Space is limited to a limited number of eligible participants.
One-Stop Career Center
The Santa Cruz County One-Stop Career Center
is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.