What if I think my taxes are too high?
  • If you believe the full cash value on your notice of valuation is higher than actual market value, or the legal class is incorrect according to current use, you will want to file a "Petition for Review," From 82130.
  • Notice of valuation is mailed on March 1. This valuation is used for the next calendar year's tax computations.
  • Petition for review of real property valuation and the residential petition for review of real property are available to the property owners from March 1st through April 29. Petitions are available from the Assessor's Office.

Show All Answers

1. When will I receive a tax bill?
2. How do I change my mailing address?
3. Where is your office located? What are your office hours?
4. How can I make my payment? Can I use a credit card?
5. Why am I charged a processing fee when I pay with a debit/credit card?
6. To Whom should I make my check payable to?
7. Where should I send my payment?
8. How can I find out how much I owe for property taxes?
9. I have a mortgage. Will you send my mortgage company a bill?
10. What happens if my taxes go delinquent?
11. When is the Delinquent Tax Lien Sale?
12. Is there anything special I need to do if my taxes are delinquent?
13. How are my taxes determined?
14. What is State Aid to Education?
15. Why am I paying Fire District Assistance?
16. What time period do my taxes cover?
17. What if I think my taxes are too high?
18. Where do I get information about Tax Exemptions?