Where do I get information about Tax Exemptions?

Exemptions are available for qualifying widows, widowers, and disabled persons. The applicant must apply each year between January 1 and the last working day in February. First-time applicants must apply in person. Each type of exemption has different qualification requirements. 

There are no exemptions for veterans, these were removed from Arizona State Statues in 1990.

A person who has a Power of Attorney for another individual can file an exemption. A copy of the Power of Attorney and photo ID of the applicant must be provided when filing the application. 

The Santa Cruz County Assessor manages the exemption application. Please contact the Assessor's Office at (520)375-8030.

Show All Answers

1. When will I receive a tax bill?
2. How do I change my mailing address?
3. Where is your office located? What are your office hours?
4. How can I make my payment? Can I use a credit card?
5. Why am I charged a processing fee when I pay with a debit/credit card?
6. To Whom should I make my check payable to?
7. Where should I send my payment?
8. How can I find out how much I owe for property taxes?
9. I have a mortgage. Will you send my mortgage company a bill?
10. What happens if my taxes go delinquent?
11. When is the Delinquent Tax Lien Sale?
12. Is there anything special I need to do if my taxes are delinquent?
13. How are my taxes determined?
14. What is State Aid to Education?
15. Why am I paying Fire District Assistance?
16. What time period do my taxes cover?
17. What if I think my taxes are too high?
18. Where do I get information about Tax Exemptions?